Worship service from Pollokshields Church of Scotland on 20 September 2020
by Rev. Eddie Enslin.
If you are able and want to come to Church on Sunday at 11:00am, please feel very welcome. Please remember the following:
- Pursuant to government guidance, the wearing of masks will be required (except where other health conditions prevent a person from doing so)
- You will be required to make use of the hand sanitation stations placed at the entrance of the building
- For the purpose of contact tracing (as implemented and required by government), you will be required to provide correct and current contact details before being allowed entry to the building
- A one-way system for entry and exit will be implemented, meaning you will be guided through the building. Also be prepared that you will be assigned a seat and will not be able to sit where you would sit under normal circumstances
- For the purpose of keeping track of the number of people in the building and to adhere to health & safety requirements, we urge you to make sure to arrive in good time to complete all the requirements before entering the building before the start of the service at 11:00am as we will not be able to leave the entrance open for too long after the service has commenced
- No singing or physical contact between people from different households will be allowed during the service
- There will be no social gathering or tea and coffee after the service
- The use of toilets will be permitted and every care will be taken to sanitise the toilets before the building is opened for members and visitors on Sunday morning - we do however urge you to be mindful of the one-way movement restrictions in place, which might mean that you will have to walk around the building to re-enter at the entrance again after leaving the sanctuary, and will not be able to simply return to the sanctuary by the same way you left.
This week’s Church service will be recorded on Sunday Morning and uploaded to be viewed on Sunday afternoon on our YouTube Channel. We hope this week will go more smoothly than last.
We would like to remind everyone that there are also other worship resources available. The Church of Scotland has a list of congregations that livestream Church services. To access these - please follow the link below: https://churchofscotland.org.uk/worsh...
Great to see PCT has a revitalised website. We look forward to being able to share together again in worship and social events as lockdown eases.
As Always – feel free to email me at EEnslin@churchofscotland.org.uk if you want to talk.
Feel free to look us up on Facebook or visit our website at: https://www.pollokshieldschurch.org.uk/
Our Facebook Page
Previous Reflections can be found here.
Now that Lockdown has entered phase 2 we are able to plan towards opening our church.
We do not have a date for opening as yet but we are working on putting in place all the things that are needed to make it safe for folk to return to the building.
The Kirk Session will make the decision about returning and the Presbytery will sign off that we have put all the proper safety requirements regarding cleaning, disinfecting, physical distancing and flow of people in place.
When we do open things will be different from what they were before lockdown but it will be good to be able to worship together again
Rev. David Black
Help us raise funds for FREE when you shop online!
Shop online and raise funds for free for Pollokshields Church of Scotland
for our cause and follow the simple steps to sign up.
Then start shopping using the links to over 2,000 retailers, including Amazon, John Lewis, M&S, Argos, Next, ASOS and more. Every time you shop, you’ll earn a donation to our cause at no additional cost to you!
Showing forth the love of Christ in a multi-faith community
Our church is active, warm and friendly. Our members are all ages and bring a wide range of experiences. What we have in common is a desire to grow in our Christian faith.
Whether you are new to the area or have lived here for a while, we hope that this web site will encourage you to come and worship with us or join in our weekly activities.
For those who live far from Pollokshields, we hope that these pages will let you see the splendour of our beautiful Victorian building. However, seeing the real thing is best of all, so if you plan to spend time in Glasgow, why don't you come and visit us as well!
If you would like to give a donation to the Church you can do so through The GoldenGiving organisation: