Preface

PREFACE

The Committee appointed to make arrangements for suitably celebrating the Jubilee of the Church thought that a short history of the congregation would be wel­comed by the members. To some much of what appears in these pages is familiar, but to most the story of the earlier years will be new. Considerations of space have necessitated only the outstanding incidents in our history being recorded, and it has been difficult to decide which features should be mentioned and which omitted. The Committee hope that the reading of the book will inspire in all our members a greater interest in our beloved Church and a new zeal in its work for the furtherance of the Kingdom of God.

The Editor, in preparing this short history, has drawn largely on the Minute Books of the Session, the Original Committee and the Deacons' Court, Dr. Wells's Semi­-Jubilee book published in 1900, and the "Supplements" and Reports published at intervals from the year 1880.

                                                                                                                          H. J. D.

POLLOKSHIELDS WEST
UNITED FREE CHURCH,
GLASGOW, 21st November, 1925.


Pollokshields West UF Church
Webpage icon Missionaries
Webpage icon Holders of Principal Offices 1875-1925
Webpage icon Session and Deacon's Court
Webpage icon Home Mission Work
Webpage icon Pollokshields West UF Church 1875-1925
Printer Printable Version