back to normal view
19th November 2017
- Today's Service - 12th November 2017 10.50am Service for Remembrance Sunday.
- Next Week's Service - SUNDAY 26th NOVEMBER 11.00 am Morning Worship
& Junior Church
- Midweek Service - This takes place on Wednesday 22nd November from 9.45am to 10.00am.
- Coffee Break - Coffee Break is 10.00am to 11.30am. On duty this week are Sadie Swan, Sylvia
Pacitti, Gwen Brougham and Janette O'Brien.
- Bible Study - Currently, the Bible Study and Prayer Group is drawing upon New Testament characters for this particular series of studies. Our next individual is 'Thomas -Disciple of Doubt' (based on John 14: 1-7 & John 20: 19-31). We meet on Tuesday 28th November at 7.30pm and everyone is VERY welcome. Contact Murray Henderson on (0141) 423 8421.
- Communion Cards - Would Elders please note that Communion Cards for December Communion are still available for uplift this morning. Thanks.
- WFO Envelopes - The WFO envelope batches are available for their respective Elders. If anyone wishes to start using WFO envelopes, please contact Murray Henderson at Church or on (0141) 423 8421.
- Retiring Offering - Last Sunday's retiring offering for Poppy Scotland raised £143.31. Many thanks.
- The Guild - The Guild meets tomorrow, Monday 20th November, at 2.30pm. Sheila Hart is the guest speaker with a talk on 'Card Making'. New members will be most welcome.
- Attention Bookworms - Our book for November is My Brilliant Friend by Elena Ferrante. It will be discussed at our next meeting on Thursday 30th November at 2.00pm. Feel free to come along even if you haven't read it! Tea and coffee served.
- Daisy Chain - For the last three years we have collected toys and selection boxes for this Church of Scotland project in lnglefield Street. They are again requesting gifts of selection boxes and they should be handed in no later than Sunday 3rd December. Thank you.
- Gift Service - Please note our Gift Service on Sunday 10th December for which unwrapped toys and presents for all ages will be donated to the Starter Pack charity. Thank you.
- Induction Service - Just a reminder that the Service of Ordination and Induction for Stuart Crawford at Newton Mearns Parish Church takes place on Thursday ]th December at 7 .OOpm. A bus will be leaving from our church at 6.00pm for those who would like to attend and require transport.
- Pastoral cover - Pastoral cover for the next week will be provided by Rev. James Teasdale of Eastwood Parish Church. Contact him on 571 7648 or speak to Session Clerk Mary Morrison on 632 1659. Thanks.