February 22nd : Thinking Day Service
Members of Rainbows Brownies and Guides join our worship
March 8th: Holy Communion
We invite all who love the Lord to share the Sacrament with us.
March 22nd : Annual Stated Meeting
We reflect on the year past and plan ahead together.
What's Been Going on?
Welcome to our newsletter - we hope it will expand back to more of the old vision format once a new editor is found.
In the mean time we report on the following activities:
- Church House - we met recently with the General Trustees in regard to the Feasibility Study which was presented to the Kirk Session back in July. They wish us to scale back the proposals it contains and so we are having further talks with the architect team to revise the plans and hope to have something more positive to put before members at the Annual Stated Meeting.
- Church Accounts are being prepared and as always will be presented first to the Kirk Session who are the Trustees and then to the whole congregation in order to agree a budget for 2015.
Whilst we note that income has remained fairly steady even in these straitened times, expenditure still outstrips it as per the budget predictions back in March 2014.
- The Annual Stated Meeting will take place on Sunday 22nd March following the morning service.
- The Pollokshields Churches Together lunch for the Week of Prayer for Christian Unity raised £500 for Mary's Meals and their work feeding and educating children in Africa.
- Where you need to be and what you can be doing!
- Coffee Break (church cafe) runs each Wednesday from 10am to 11.30am in the hall.
- Pollokshields Lunch Club runs Monday 12-1pm. A 2 course lunch ( cost £3) is served. New attenders welcome.
- The Guild resumes on Mondays.
- Hear I Am for Lent this year will be on Thursday evenings at 7.30pm starting on Thursday 19th February on themes based on CTBI material and we hope that members of other local churches will join us in these discussions - all welcome.
- Bible Study and Bookworms bookclub continue their regular meetings - details are on the weekly notices sheet each Sunday.