March 8th: Holy Communion
We invite all who love the Lord to share the Sacrament with us.
March 22nd : Annual Stated Meeting
We reflect on the year past and plan ahead together.
April 5th Easter Sunday Celebration
We celebrate the joy of Jesus resu rrection
What's Going on?
Welcome to our newsletter-we hope it will expand back to more of the old vision format once a new editor is found.
In the mean time we report on the following activities:
- The Annual Stated Meeting ofthe congregation will take place on Sunday 22nd March followingthe morning service. Church Accounts and the future of Church House will be the two main items for discussion as weit as a review of the year past and our plans for the year ahead.
- Our LENT Challenge from now until Easter is to read together the Westminster Confession of Faith. Called our "Subordinate standard" second only to the Bible, this document is a foundation of Presbyterian belief. What does it say and why was it modified in 1986? A "Hear I AM study on the Confession will follow in April-May but can we use the discipline of Lent to enable us to read its 55 ( short) chapters?
- Meanwhile our
LENT STUDY GROUP
this year will be on Thursday evenings at 7.30pm starting on Thursday 19th February using CTBI material journeying to Easter with Christians across the Middle East . These meetings are open to members of other local churches and the wider community - all welcome.
- Where you need to be and what you can be doing!
- Coffee Break (church cafe) runs each Wednesday from 10am to 11.30am in the hall.
- Pollokshields Lunch Club runs Monday 12-1pm. A 2 course lunch ( cost £3) is served. New attenders welcome.
- The Guild resumes on Monday 23rd February.
- Bookworms is our monthly book club which meets to discuss the book being read on the last Thursday of each month at 2pm. February's book is "The Homesman" by Glendon Swarthout to be discussed on 28th Feb.
- Bible Study Group meets on alternate Tuesdays - details are on the weekly notices sheet each Sunday.
- HOLY WEEK Services are at 7pm on
2nd April - Maundy Thursday Communion Service and
3rd April - Good Friday Service.