The Rev. David Preston, M.A., B.D.
Born at Caldercruix on July 20, 1875, David Preston was educated at Airdrie Academy, Hutchesons' Boys" Grammar School and the University of Glasgow. He graduated M. A. in 1896 and B. D. in 1899.
Licensed by the Presbytery of Hamilton in 1899 he became Assistant at Greyfriars, Dumfries. In 1901 he was ordained and inducted to Ewes Parish Church. He was translated to Titwood Parish in 1918 where he remained until he retired from active duty in 1941.
Like his predecessor at Titwood, Mr. Preston was interested in mission affairs and for a time was Convener of the Colonial and Continental' Committee. He was granted leave of absence by Glasgow Presbytery for the period from May 28 to July 28, 1926 to visit Egypt and Palestine and on future occasions he undertook duties for the Scottish Church abroad.
He wrote a “History of the Colonial Missions of the Church of Scotland” and this work has been retained in manuscript form in the General Assembly Library.
Mr. Preston died at his home In Weymouth on January 15, 1956, happy in the knowledge that "Titwood" was flourishing again at Pollok. He was 80 years old at the time of his death.
| Printable Version|